In the trading segment, at present we are dealing with GFRP (Glass fiber reinforced polymer) material, used in with civil engineering projects, mainly GFRP reinforcement bars, M-sand & stones.
This GFRP material is a made-up material as an alternate solution to the steel to overcome its main disadvantages as poor strength, corrosive nature. For construction works/projects, it could be used mainly as of two types, one as GFRP reinforcement bars, which is an alternative material of reinforcement bars of RCC & another is GFRP sections, which is an alternate material to rolled steel sections, like I, C, & L sections & more.
The “Steel” is one of the oldest traditional construction materials, & is with human civilization since start & during development process of human civilization, in various forms, from housing, arms & to tools. These all played a very important role in development process of human civilization. Now, as since human civilization is developed much more than previous era, there is a need of an hr, as alternate solution of steel, mainly to overcome drawbacks & limitation of steel, as reduction of the weight, increasing of resisting stresses & strength, & thus the cost. To meet out these requirements “Composite material” is been developed. These are fibre reinforced polymers. The fibre could be of many types, as Carbon, glass, aramid & etc. But in construction industry most prominent is glass fibre. & thus, the composite material is called as GFRP (Glass fibre reinforced polymer). As a leading marketers & supplier in this industry, we are excited to share the benefits and advantages of these exceptional productsWe specialize in environmental engineering services that help clients comply with regulations, reduce their environmental impact, and achieve sustainability. Our team of experts can provide solutions for air and water quality, waste management, and more.
GFRP rebars and pultruded members are revolutionizing the way we approach construction and infrastructure projects. They are composed of high-strength glass fibres embedded in a polymer matrix, resulting in a lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and durable alternative to traditional steel reinforcements.
Here are some key features and benefits of GFRP rebars and pultruded members that set them apart:
1. Superior Strength and Durability: GFRP rebars and pultruded members exhibit excellent tensile strength, comparable to traditional steel reinforcements, making them suitable for a wide range of applications. Moreover, they are immune to corrosion, ensuring a prolonged service life even in harsh environments. Normal steel rebars has strength of around 500 MPA, whereas GFRP rebars has 1100-1350 Mpa, so once uses this as replacement of steel, reduces the required sectional diameter of rebars, & thus reduces the cost.
2. Lightweight: One of the most significant advantages of GFRP rebars and pultruded members is their lightweight nature. This attribute simplifies transportation, handling, and installation processes, resulting in reduced construction time and labour costs. GFRP are about 1/4thweight of steel. Steel has density of 7850 Kg/mᶾ, & that of GFRP has 1900 Kg/mᶾ
3. Non-Magnetic and Non-Conductive: Unlike steel reinforcements, GFRP rebars and pultruded members are non-magnetic and non-conductive. This characteristic makes them ideal for projects that require non-magnetic or non-conductive materials, such as MRI rooms, electrical substations, and sensitive electronic facilities.
4. Resistance to Chemicals and Environmental Factors: GFRP rebars and pultruded members demonstrate exceptional resistance to a wide range of chemicals, including chloride ions, alkalis, and acids. They also exhibit superior resistance to environmental factors like UV radiation, moisture, and temperature variations, ensuring long-term structural integrity. This makes only suitable material for chemical plants, water retaining structures & the places where rust is predominant.
5. Design Flexibility: GFRP rebars and pultruded members offer remarkable design flexibility, allowing engineers and architects to create complex and customized structures. Their high strength-to-weight ratio opens up new possibilities for innovative designs while maintaining structural integrity.
6. Sustainable and Eco-Friendly: By incorporating GFRP rebars and pultruded members in construction projects, you contribute to sustainable development. These materials are non-toxic, non-corrosive, and can be recycled, reducing the environmental impact associated with traditional steel reinforcements.
7. The Bureue of Indian standard (IS) has also recognized & standardized the property of said composite material, though their code vide no-IS: 18256: 2023, & at present is best value buying decision as expenditure on GFRP reinforcement, alternate & compare to steel reinforcement in RCC.Our geotechnical engineering services include soil and rock mechanics, slope stability analysis, and foundation design. We use the latest technology and software to ensure your project is safe, reliable, and cost-effective.